Monday, August 8, 2011

My First Blog!

So, I have never had a blog, but I decided that I could use this as somewhat of a scrapbook for myself, Wyatt, and our future family :)

Well, I started my own "business," I guess you could call it, this past March. I make candles and "rag" wreaths. I have always loved making candles, just for my own personal use, but I was blessed to have the chance to make and sell my candles in Brandi's mom's boutique store in Rainsville. When I found out about the boutique store, I quickly found something else I enjoy making- "Rag" wreaths!  I started out doing very well in the spring with my candles and wreaths, but this summer has been pretty slow.  No worries, though... I have been preparing for the fall and winter in hopes of getting more business for Christmas!! I bought plenty of christmas fabric in July when it was on sale, I have been making high school and college themed wreaths for football season, and I have picked out my fall/Christmas scents for my candles!  I am hoping that one day my business will expand enough to become my full time job!!  I would love to be able to work for myself doing something that I love to do, instead of what just pays the bills!
I guess that's all for now... Gotta pay those bills!

2 comments:

  1. I'm your first commenter! Love the blog! So glad I have something else to spend my time on besides work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will kill u if u leave me AGAIN!!! LOL... I am joking, but of course you know that. I wish you the best with your business! Your wreaths & candles are awesome!!! That reminds me, I need to buy one & show a little of my support! Ok enough for now! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete